Join Us!

WELCOME TO THE ONLINE PREVIEW CATALOG FOR ART FOR JOBS 2017. THIS IS A WORK IN PROGRESS; PHOTOS POSTED AS PIECES ARRIVE.

EVENT INFO:
Thursday, September 28, 2017
5:30-8:30pm
LOCATION:
575 Suzette
Memphis | TN | 38126

Monday, September 16, 2013

2013 Artist: Terry Lynn


Terry Lynn | Reverie | acrylic on canvas | 11x14
available in the auction room of Art for Jobs

"I, Terry Lynn, was born in Memphis, Tennessee and grew up in Arlington. I began showing my paintings at Gestine Art Gallery on Beale Street. I enrolled in architectural technology before studying for a BFA at the University of Memphis, where I received a BFA. I collaborate on art with my twin brother Jerry under the signature "Twin." My twin and I have shown in many solo and group exhibitions and have been collected worldwide. 

I have used sculpture, painting, and installations to explore the complexity between art and life. I'm interested in land, figure, place, and time. Art is life and life is art. My art challenges traditional beliefs through artistic choices. 

I honed my labor extensive approach as a teenager while working as a laborer with my brick mason grandfather. I developed a painterly stroke from working with my father painting and remodeling homes. I learned the value of hard work and a work ethic at a very young age. I spent hours practicing and improving my craft. I remember listening to families stories of how things used to be. Inspired by those narratives and personal revelations, I create work that evokes and challenges the viewers' memories and emotional response."

Learn more about the art of Terry Lynn, his brother Jerry Lynn, and their collaborative work under "Twin" on their site. The above piece will be available in the Auction Room of Art for Jobs. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi ? your blog is good but it can be better. No hard feelings! This is just my personal opinion. You have to stand out among millions of online writers who are blogging like crazy, uploading articles every micro-second. There are wonderful tips for freelancers who gain by getting `online noticed’ – in other words `web visible’. Check out Texture Graphic Design, Freelance virtual assistant jobs websites. They offer the best hints on great blog writing.

    ReplyDelete